Friday 28 March 2014

Intermission Part 4


The Diary of a Kind Hearted Man Killer now available as an Amazon Kindle book:
.
This diary came to life several years ago as a novel, one that I was not entirely happy with. But then I had a phase of reading wartime diaries, and I realised a means of bringing Louisa Bradshaw to life. She came back out of her drawer and together we concocted her diary. 

She was born from my love of those old Ealing comedy films of the 1940s and 1950s. Those who share my passion may recognise the title as a cross between 'Kind Hearts and Coronets' and 'The Ladykillers', two of my favourites. I wanted to emulate the black comedy of the genre in the form of a book. This is the reason for the high body count and the at times rather blase attitude towards it. The easily offended or incredulous may wish to give Louisa's story a miss. Part 1 of the story has been available as a blogspot serial. Parts 1 and 2 are contained in this kindle book.

Summary:
Louisa Bradshaw is a railwayman's daughter who chooses to serve the LMS railway when World War Two erupts. Her adventure leads her to tangle with the notorious Leon family, whose matriarch curses her when she rejects her son's advances. As the curse appears to come true, Louisa looks set to lead a lonely life.

No comments:

Post a Comment